Thursday, August 18, 2005

8/18/05

PM Grip

Gripinator R77.5#x5x5x5x5x5
L70# x5x5x5x5x5

Diet
coffee(240), Gatorade (125), lowfat yogurt (190), macaroni&cheese(600), pringles(300), home made chocolate icecream (300)

Total 1,515

8/18/05

BWT 306# Bodyfat 27% BMI 37.3

This is the lightest i have been since I was 18 years old in 1983.

I am still feeling pretty energetic, and my lifting isn't feeling too bad considering that I am living on about 1/3 of my maintainance level of calories 6 days of the week. Common wisdom among lifters is that I should be losing a pound of muscle for every pound of fat, but that just doesn't seem to be the case. I suspect that this does not become a problem until we start approaching an "optimal" bodyfat percentage and the body becomes willing to sacrifice muscle to retain fat. Am I actually building muscle on this diet? Probably not, but i can certainly retain what muscle I have and maybe make some modest strength gains by improving my neuromuscular efficiency. If everything works out according to plan I should be both light enough and strong enough to press my bodyweight overhead by year's end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

Hi Robert,
Thanks for stopping by my site.
I'm rooting for you! :)
Becky

6:37 AM  
Blogger Robert W said...

Thanks for posting. i really enjoyed looking at your site.

Robert

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home