Sunday, August 21, 2005

8/21/05

BWT 312#

Diet: coffee(240), cottage cheese (220), hamburger patty(270), Chili(540), carrots(30), 1 oz. pub mix(130), 3 chocolates (140).

Total 1,770

Maybe these food choices are not the most health conscious, but the main thing for me is to keep my calorie count well below the 4k mark, so that I am losing weight. The chocolates are going to be my “treat” this week. I made them last night using almonds I toasted and then enrobed in Valrhona “Taniriva” milk chocolate I tempered and then poured into molds with two almonds ion the center of each chocolate. A small piece of really high quality chocolate makes the treat worth the calories IMHO.

Hopefully, I can get my weight to dip below 305# this week, which will give me a chance of getting below 300# by September 1st. That would be a big milestone for me and should get me close to 25% bodyfat, which would be a HUGE deal. I wouldn’t really consider myself obese at a sub 25% bodyfat, but merely overweight. Unless I shed a large amount of muscle I will always be extraordinarily heavy, but, even now, I am less fat than alot of the people I see walking down the street. I am sure that less than 1% of the population weighs more than I do but a considerable percentage do LOOK fatter than I currently am.

Back to the gym tomorrow where I continue my strategy of “heavy” lifting combined with little or no cardio. The only real cardio I am doing is the speed walking with the 110# barbell. IMHO, it is more productive to keep my metabolism fired up by weight training rather than try to burn fat off with cardio. One thing I am hoping to avoid is the pitfall of becoming “skinny fat” by losing a large amount of lean body mass. My other, and bigger, worry is that I will end up with a bunch of excess skin when I am down to my goal weight.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
»

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Cheap+single+trip+travel+insurance Definition of a patent Proton 32' lcd tv used vinly plotters

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! St augustine fl vacation http://www.pie-graphs-of-fishing.info/Ontario-canada-fishing-accommodations.html Baccarat distributor

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home