Thursday, December 15, 2005

12/15/05

BWT 288#

Stayed under 1,500 Cal. yesterday; same goal for today. Broke out the new 40" belt and I can just wear it on the last hole. Probably better for my diet to have my waist a little tight rather than a bit loose. My 42" belt is being donated to the poor on my next trip to Philadelphia.

Tonight I will be carbing up a bit on roasted chestnuts and then, assuming MTA doesn't strike, it is off to the gym tomorrow morning. I do think the MTA has too much money, but I also think that motormen and conductors should be pretty happy to pull in 50-60K when most of their jobs are unnecessary. That is a lot more than I make as an academic researcher and I have a PhD in biochemistry plus 8 years experience.

Now a fare reduction, that would really help the regular folk.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

When I was losing weight the first time (from 290 down to 195-ish), I kept the same belt the whole time. I just kept punching new holes in the leather so I could do it up tighter. By the end, there was about 10 inches of belt hanging off the end. I probably looked like a dork, but it was like my trophy.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Robert W said...

That is pretty cool. I haven't saved any of my fat jeans, but maybe I should hang onto a size 54" suit as a reminder.

Did you have any stretchmark issues? The past couple of weeks I have been getting them over my deltoids. I think my skin is getting really tight on my shoulders and my "pump" is ripping them up.

I have started taking multi-vitamins and extra E. Maybe i should moisturize as well.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

The only stretchmarks I ever got from weight lifting are on my biceps. That happened when I was 14 and they are pretty much faded away now. I haven't had any this time around. I know my wife used cacao butter when she was pregnant. Its supposed to do something for stretch marks.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am putting together a website on how to get rid of stretch marks. I am out googling and ran accross your site. Just reading everything I can get my hands on. Nice site that you have put together.
stretch marks cure

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home