Friday, September 09, 2005

9/9/05

BWT 305#

Almost ready for a new belt: my 42" belt is just a little snug on the last hole. 1,500 Cal again today for my diet. If I stick to the plan I should need a new belt next week. I am getting close to 300#, which would be a major milestone. I haven't been under 300# since 1983.

My next trip to the gym will be this evening. My knees are a bit achy from the deep stretching involved in those front squats, so I am planning on doing rack pulls instead of full range deadlifts. I really should start doing more stretching at home, since I need to develop more flexibility in my knees, hips and wrists to properly do front squats.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

That's fabulous, Robert!
Wow, you'll be at 300 lbs in no time flat, allow me to be the first to congratulate you :)
Ah, yes, good old streching. It does help so much, doesn't it? I am sure my hip would'nt have felt displaced if I had streched well before my last workout.
Congrats again!! Have a great weekend,
Becky

10:20 AM  
Blogger Robert W said...

Thanks Becky. I am seriously considering giving Yoga a try. If I could be half as flexible as that old lady on PBS (Priscilla Patrick) I would be fine.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Bex said...

lol, that lady is bendy!
Yoga's a great idea, though. It's surprising how many muscles are worked out while streching. It's also very meditative and relaxing. Let me know if you decide to do a class and how it goes :)

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home