Monday, August 29, 2005

8/29/05

BWT 307#

Not a bad start to the week weight wise, since i am still carbed up from Saturday. I can even see the difference in carb loading in my arm measurement(~1/2” difference between Friday and Sunday). I might be able to dip below 300# this week, although it will be a couple of weeks before I am legitamately below 300.

Pressing went pretty well; I actually completed the ladder with 215#, but it was hard enough that I will stick with this weight for a few more sessions. I am definitely starting to appreciate the “Hardgainer Round Table” mantra of waiting to increase the weights until you “own” the weight. I just never appreciated it until I started emphasizing speed in my lifting.
If I can complete a ladder with 220# by the end of September, I will be doing well. I probably need at least 10# more on my press to have a chance at a BWT press by the end of the year.

Seated OHP Ladders: 215#x1/2/3/1/2/3/1/2/3

A little slow and shaky on the last rep of the last triple, but it was definitely progree to complete the whole ladder at 215#. Next week I will try to do it again with more pop.

Cable curl: 100#x7x6x5x5x5

Cybex Reverse Fly: 157.5#x5x5x5

Cybex Pec Deck: 262.5#x5x5x4

This is the stack plus the extra 7.5# weight. I am trying to do these slow to maximize TUT (time under tension).

No weighted speed walk today, because I had to get into the lab early. What a pity.