Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Pink Panther

I know i need to improve my photography, but that is a picture i took of one of my current goldsmithing projects: making a simple pink saphire ring. The "pink panther" is a 22 Carat "created" pink saphire I picked up for $18. The shank (ring) is 20kt yellow gold I alloyed and formed myself. I need a few more hours of work to make the simple prong setting.

I am trying to spend some more time on my non-food related interests to help keep my mind off of food in the evenings. The past few months I have just been vegging out in front of the TV at night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Damnit Adam - now I can't get the "pink panther' out of my head!!!

Hi Robert... that's a beautiful stone, I'm really intrigued by the fact that you're goldsmithing ways :D

It's the first time at your blog and I wanted to say a big "WOW-WEE" at the #75 lost so far. What a bloody awesome job!!

I can totally relate to you and the veggie in front of the TV - problem is trying to make it a "food free" zone for me.

Can't wait to see the end product of the goldsmithing.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Robert W said...

Hi Dee,
Up to 87# now that i am under 300#. i will post some pictures of my past and current goldsmithing projects, which you might find interesting. The work involves 22 and 20 kt yellow gold which I alloy on my own kitchen table, and then mill and/or draw out myself. Much of the work involves granulation (fusing little gold balls to form designs) similar to the techniques used by the ancient Etruscans.

Thanks for stopping by, and I will be following your blog with great interest.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home