Tuesday, November 29, 2005

11/29/05

Bodyweight 299.5#

Back under 300# now that my Thanksgiving "bloat" is receding. I will aim for <2,000 Cal today. I ended up fortifying myself for a trip to the gym with 300 Cal worth of chocolate and 125 of Gatorade, but I still came in around 2,000 cal. I no longer have access to "clean" free water at work as a consequence of the Legionella outbreak, so I have started drinking boiled water in the form of unsweetened tea. It does help supress my appetite.

Last night at the Gym:

Precor "Dumbell Press" machine:35# a side:x10x10x10

The first set was excruciatingly painful as I worked through the DOMS ("delayed on set muscle soreness") from my last workout. The third set wasn't so bad.

Bradford Press (seated with barbell):120#x7x7x7

This is a partial ROM OHP, where you press over your head from the front, lower the weight to behind your neck and then press back again. The weight is not locked out but only pressed high enoiugh to clear your head.

Cable curl: 80#x10

The gym got real busy so I switched to the Cybex curl machine:

Cybex curl:150#x3 130#x10

Precor Supersquat:360#x5x5x5

Four 45# plates a side, and there is room for another four. I am still emphasizing depth on these, and making progress. Next week i will use 370#.