Thursday, September 29, 2005

Goldsmithing Projects



Here is most of Lillian's collection of the pieces I have made for her in 22 and 20 kt yellow gold over the past couple of years. I alloyed the gold from 24kt using silver and copper, and then milled the gold into sheets or drew it into wire. The granules you see as decorations were made from small pieces of gold wire heated until they formed little balls. The best piece is really that rhodalite and pearl cross on a quadruple loop chain with granulated terminations. I didn't cut or polish any of the stones, although I did re-drill the pearls myself.

The small rubies in the ruby ring and granulated dome earings are natural, as are the tanzanites (in the second pair of earings) and the peridot beads in the simple necklace in the center. The emerald in the ring is lab created.


Close up of Rhodolite and pearl cross.




Close up of termination and S-hook. I really like how this turned out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have. If you decide to come and visit maybe you can offer some advice That would be great. If not well you have A great new year.

Thank you for your BLOG.

Regards,

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home