Wednesday, January 04, 2006

1/4/06

BWT 294.5#

Yet more water coming off. I am trying to drink plenty of water to make sure I do not get dehydrated, but i am sure that I am still going to drop a bit more as my body plunders it's glycogen stores. I will see how my arm measurements are tomorrow as that seems like a good indication of how hydrated my muscles are.

Yesterday's diet: ~2,000 Cal. 160g Protein/98g Fat/ 149 g Carbohydrate.

Cat,
The recommended protein requirement is 1gm Protein/ kg Bodyweight, and even using my goal weight (242#) that comes out to 110g/day. Many bodybuilders aim for 1g/pound BWT, but I think that is excessive. I did have a Whey protein supplemented shake yesterday (+soy milk, banana and ice cubes) to help up my protein without going over my fat and carb limit. Much of my protein came from the chicken breasts I had for lunch (stirfried with peppers, onions and peanuts). The balance was from cheese. 196g is the upper end of my protein goal, but I will make sure I stay over 110g every day.

I had a really "Atkins friendly" dinner the other night: broiled chicken breast with provolone cheese on top. I do really miss my carbs, but they are the most sensible place to cut calories.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert W said...

~26%. My lean bodymass is in the 210#-220# range, so 10% would put me at ~240#.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

ahhh i see! id like a protein powder too but cant seem to find anything without aspartame or other chemical sweetner and after a while they give me headaches. The one i have, propeptide something or other tastes like chalky ass.

The calorie counter has me aiming for 40-160g protein per day which seems like an enormous range... ive been getting 80-90g per day effortlessly. Does the 1g per kg of weight apply only for people looking to build more muscle? if i maintain the 80-90g/day should that be sufficient for someone trying to maintain mucle?
Its very confusing this stuff lol

2:00 AM  
Blogger Robert W said...

The 1gm/kg comes from government studies, but contains a big fudge factor. I think half of the people were fine with 1gm/2kg bodyweight. 80-90g should be plenty of protein for you.

Protein powder is always chalky; that is why I blend in a banana to cover the taste.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

great, thanks for letting me know Robert! guess i dont need to worry about chalky powders ;)

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home